Ryan Realty Pty Ltd trading as True North Property Agents is committed to protecting your privacy in compliance with the
collect, use and manage personal information and how you can complain about any breach by True North Property Agents
of the APPs or an applicable APP Code.
What Is Your Personal Information?
The Privacy Act defines personal information as:
…..information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified
individual who is reasonably identifiable.
Common examples are an individual’s name, signature, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, medical
records, bank account details and commentary or opinion or opinion about a person.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information?
Information Collection, Use and Disclosure
During the course of your involvement with True North Property Agents, we may collect, use or disclose personal
information about you for the following purposes:
• Assisting you to sell your property;
• Assisting you to purchase a property;
• Assisting you to lease a property (either as lessor or lessee);
• Assisting you to obtain a loan;
• Assisting you with payment or refund of a bond;
• Assisting you with tenancy disputes;
• Co-coordinating repairs or maintenance of a property owned or leased by you;
• Recording or accessing information at the Titles Registry Office or other government agency;
• Recording or accessing information at the Residential Tenancies Authority;
• Recording or accessing information on tenancy information services or databases;
• Client and business relationship management;
• Marketing of products and services to you
What Personal Information Do We Collect And Hold?
The types of personal information we may collect, use or disclose about you includes but is not limited to:
• Your full name:
• Your date of birth;
• Your residential address;
• Your postal address:
• Your email address;
• Your home telephone number;
• Your work telephone number:
• Your mobile telephone number;
• Your occupation and business address;
• Financial information including details of your employer, income, name of bank or financial institution;
• Details of your spouse, de facto, dependent children, and roommates;
• Details of properties owned by you;
Who Do We Disclose Information To?
In order to provide products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to the
persons/organizations described below;
• In the event that you are a seller or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to prospective buyers of the
property owned or leased by you;
• In the event that you are a buyer or a lessee, we may disclose your personal information to the sellers of the property
you are purchasing or leasing:
• Your legal advisor(s) and the legal advisor(s) representing the other party(s) involved in your transaction;
• Your financial institution and /or financial advisor;
• Insurance providers and brokers;
• Utility providers and utility connection service providers;
• Persons or organizations involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service including independent
contractors engaged by us as real estate agents
• Trades people engaged by us to repair or maintain a property owned or leased by you;
• Organisations involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure
including maintaining or upgrading our computer systems;
• Persons or organizations involved in purchasing part or all of our business;
• Our related companies;
• Organisations involved in the payments systems including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations;
• The Titles Registry Office or other government agencies;
• The Residential Tenancies Authority;
• Tenancy information services or databases;
• Real estate websites;
• Real estate peak bodies;
True North Property Agents cannot ensure the security of personal information to us online. Once we receive information online,
we take reasonable steps to protect that information from unauthorised access, loss and misuse in accordance with this policy.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
Whenever it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Sometimes it will be
necessary for us to collect information from a third party or a publicly available source, such as a credit reporting agency, your
legal adviser, your past or current employers, your previous lessors or property managers, and tenancy information services or
In the course of providing services to you, it may be necessary for us to enter your personal information into forms generation
to use or disclose information entered into the relevant forms or websites.
We need your permission to collect, use and disclose your personal information, and we therefore will ask that you sign a consent
form to indicate your consent.
In the event that you do not consent to True North Property Agents collecting and releasing your personal information as
described above, we may be unable to provide the services requested by you.
How do we Access and Correct Personal Information?
Access To, And Correction of Personal Information
You have the right to request access to your information and to request that True North Property Agents update or correct your
personal information. A charge may apply for providing access to your information.
If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then please let us know by
writing to the Privacy Officer at the below email address or office address.
How do we Process a Complaint for Breach of Privacy?
Breach of Privacy
If you believe that your privacy has been breached in any way, then please contact the Privacy Officer in writing to the email
address or office address as shown below and include all information so that it can be investigated thoroughly. We will then
contact you and notify you of the outcome. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the complaint, then you may make a
complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
You may contact us by mail or email as follows:
To the Privacy Officer
2/12 Millaroo Dr, Helensvale Qld 4212
(07) 5530 2000